Many people and firms claim to know how to do SEO (search engine optimization). There are many SEO services to select from. How do you know what to look for inside a good SEO consultant / service? Here are some tips.
1. Using the high competition of SEO professionals fighting to your business, some will offer fixed pricing or low pricing. A professional SEO company will not provide you with any upfront promises or pricing. All companies needs and goals aren’t the same as another. An SEO professional must take the time to get to know all aspects of your business and your advertising goals and assist you to come up with a cost for that service.
2. Be sure that your SEO company is not being outsourced with a 3rd party. What I mean by this is that, when you are looking for professionals, confirm that they’re completing the work themselves and not with a sub-contraced company which they hire. Your relationship must be directly with the company or person you hire to accomplish your marketing and advertising. A lot of miscommunication will break down your marketing campaign efforts. There are certain circumstances where it might be appropriate for an SEO company to outsource a portion of the work. An example will be website design. If an agency is hiring a person to do the graphics and set-up only, then which is acceptable as long as the SEO services doing the content and optimization of your site. Professional SEO companies with have very tight partnerships with web design professionals.
3. Make certain that they can rank difficult keywords. Inquire about their strategy in getting your keywords ranked. A good test is to find out if their own company is listed on the front page of Google. There are several circumstances where this could not apply. For example, if someone has been doing SEO for a very long time and decides to start a new company, normally it takes a few months to rank their particular site to the top of the search engines (just as it’s going to for yours).
4. Look out for anyone who promises to have your company at the top of the search engines inside a designated time. There isn’t any prediction nor is there any sort of formula that can be implemented to know exactly how long it will require to rank websites. If a person is getting you to the top within a few weeks, then they are not doing ethical practices and this will only hurt you in the long run. Google will get caught up to SEO’s who are using unethical practices plus you site will be penalized that can put you at the bottom with the rankings. It normally takes around 3-4 months to get sites ranked on the search engines. There may be some instances you will get to the top sooner and a few that you may get there later. It all depends on how competitive your keywords are.
5. Make sure that SEO is the persons full-time profession. You do not want your SEO advertiser being putting your campaign on the side because they have other things to tend to. You also have to be sure that they know what they are doing and are not just achieving this as something extra to generate money. Also watch out for people who think they are SEO professionals since they work in a computer field. Although I’ve a degree in Computer Human resources, it did not make me a search engine professional. I learned everything I understand outside of college via a team of experts.